You’ve just finished cleaning your home. You’ve cleared the counters, picked up clothes and other items off the floor and vacuumed the carpet. That doesn’t mean that your home is totally clean – yet. There are certain areas that homeowners aren’t as vigilant about when it comes to cleaning. Take care of these areas and you can keep your home cleaner and healthier.
- Towels, dish rags and sponges: These are all items that you use repeatedly before washing. They’re usually damp and located in dark places and not only that, they’re items you use to clean other things like your counters and dishes. You don’t want to clean those with potential bacteria-infested things. Make sure to clean these every few weeks.
- Kitchen surfaces: You can’t just clear the counter – kitchen surfaces can cause disease if not cleaned properly because of raw meat and poultry on it. You work with your hands a lot in your kitchen so make sure it’s wiped down and cleaned properly on a regular basis.
- Trash can: You take out the trash sure, but don’t forget to clean the actual trash clean. Trash can leak and spill out into the actual can and if left unattended can cause a stink or grow lots of germs. Make sure to occasionally wipe it down.
- Wet clothes: It happens. You start a load of laundry but then things come out, you go out for the night or run some errands and realize the wet clothes have been in the washer for hours, if not all day. Don’t just throw that load into the dryer as wet clothes can build up mold. Just wash your clothes again before putting them in the dryer.
- Electronics: You’re constantly touching your electronics – your TV, TV remote, computer keyboard, cell phone, etc. Make sure you wipe down and clean these items regularly to prevent the spread of germs. TVs and video game consoles also attract lots of dust. Make sure to wipe them down for a healthier home.
A clean home is a healthy home. Call De Caro Insurance Agency at (626) 331-0914 for more information on Los Angeles home insurance.